Here are 5 special qualities to Recognize When Choosing the Right Psychotherapist for you:
1. Responsiveness is the first quality sought in the psychotherapist. Especially when one is new to therapy it can be very difficult to get the courage to make the necessary contacts to find a therapist in your area and one that is the right approach for your voice. A responsive therapist will return your call within 24 hours, some will call back sooner.
2. Active Listening is when the therapist focuses entirely on what patients say and reflect the words of understanding of both what people have said and the feelings that underlie what has been disclosed. Feel hearing is important for positive patient experience. If you are looking for a psychotherapist then you can contact John Porterfield.
3. Compassion is a very important quality to look for a therapist. Many times, they seek help is to admit that some of the choices they have made in the past do not work well for them and so it may be quite difficult to share with a professional who is also a foreigner, for fear of being judged or criticized.
Image Source: Google
A loving therapist will listen carefully and bring a warm, caring attitude to what they say, offer support and recognition of the difficulties the patient is currently experiencing, even if some are due to the patient's own choice.
4. Creating a Safe Space is an art form that not all therapists have mastered. A talented therapist will realize the importance of using sound, words, eye contact, and an overall way to ensure that your chances of sharing, reflection, and learning takes place in a safe, respectful, receptive environment.
5. Mindfulness is about paying attention to what is happening now and is fully present as the patient discusses the issues that he/she is struggling with. To be aware, the therapist should pay attention to both verbal and nonverbal cues such as the patient's overall message, choice of words, tone of voice, body language, and what the patient is saying.