Mood Disorders (depression) are a small grouping of common conditions that affect mental health. In mood disorders, normal feelings like being blue, happy or anxious become extreme and you feel you've got little or no control of your moods. You can pop over to this website and get more information regarding depression treatment.
Image Source: Google
Mood disorders include the following:
- Bipolar disorder (manic depression)
- Panic attacks
Having a mood disorder is absolutely NOT a sign of weakness. It's a problem which can affect anyone, anywhere in any walk of life.
Can Those with Depression Problems Get Better?
Many individuals with depression improve with treatment. Without treatment, symptoms may last for months and even years, then there is the risk of depression coming on and coming on regularly. There's also a risk of suicide.
What can cause Depression-Many factors can increase the risk of developing depression:
- Genetics-depression runs in families and causes many problems for you.
- Imbalance of brain chemicals is the biggest problem in this situation.
- Childhood physical and emotional abuse is also responsible for that.
- Gender-women are two times as more likely to develop depression.
- Medical illness or chronic disability takes many lives.
- Temperament and personality (pessimism, perfectionism or lacking social network).
- Use of certain prescription or non-prescription drugs is a very dangerous issue for you.
- Prolonged use of alcohol