add share buttons


Lopare Online

How To File A Claim Against A Government Agency

There can be a variety of reasons to sue the government. Some of them might be a violation of your rights by a government entity, or it is responsible for physical injury, property damage, or a death. You must have to file a tort claim for any monetary claim form the governmental entity.

This article provides an overview of how to file a personal injury claim against a government agency. To ensure that your claim is timely and properly filed, it is in your best interest to consult an experienced personal injury lawyer. You can also hire an FTCA attorney by clicking at:

FTCA – Federal Tort Claims Act

Image source: Google

Who Can File a Claim?

Anyone can file an insistence against the governmental personnel on your own behalf or on behalf of someone else who was injured.

The Written Claim Requirement

In order to properly use a public entity (such as a state, county, or local governmental entity) for monetary compensation, you must file a written claim within the six-month time limit. The Suit must meet the requirements of the Tort Suit Act and Government Code sections.

Filing Late Claims

If you failed to file your claim within the required six-month period, you may be allowed to file a late claim by writing to the governmental entity and "applying" to be allowed to file a late claim. There are four valid reasons for filing a late claim:

  • Mistake, inadvertence, surprise or excusable neglect;
  • Minor;
  • Physical or mental incapacity; and
  • Death of the claimant.

To determine if you have a valid reason to file for a late claim, you should consult with an experienced personal injury attorney who specializes in the personal injury lawyer to get the legal information about your potential claims and statutes of limitations.