There are different types of valves are available in the market like gate, globe, plug, butterfly, check, diaphragm, pinch, pressure relief, control valves etc. Each of these types has a number of models, each with different features and functional capabilities.
Butterfly valve is commonly used in commercial and industrial uses. A Butterfly valve (it is also known as “วาล์วผีเสื้อ“ in the Thai language) is a quarter-turn rotational motion valve, that is used to stop, regulate, and start flow. It has a disc which is mounted on a rotating shaft. When the butterfly valve is fully opened, the disc is at a right angle to the flow of gas or liquid.
Advantages of Butterfly Valve:
- These Valves are easy and fast to open. A full rotation of the handle provides a complete closure or opening of the valve.
- They require less material due to their design. The most economical is the wafer type that fits between two pipeline flanges.
- With due to their compact design which requires considerably less space, compared to other valves.
- They are generally associated with reduced maintenance. Their reliability and reduced maintenance requirements of Butterfly valves make them popular. Their reduced level of wear allows the useful life of the valve to be longer.
- Even, This reduces direct operating costs and consume less time time required for valve maintenance.
Butterfly valves comes in different type, styles, color or with numerours diameters. Before choosing a valve you must check the requiremets of valve that will be helpful to you.